Thursday, July 27, 2006

daCapo Relay

Ok, this is old news, but I have been negligent in the Blogging department from time to time. Last month, daCapo had a relay team in the Manitoba Marathon, and we actually finished BEFORE SOME OTHER TEAM DID! Anyhow, I was poking around the Marathon web-site the other day and found these gems of photos from the event posted for the world to see... Here is Gene with half of Olaf... ... And Olaf with half of Gene. Gene's a good client and friend of ours from FatKat animation in New Brunswick... for some reason we thought it would be fun to have him come visit us....and run 12K. He must have liked it, 'cause he continued running until he did a half-marathon distance... here he is with Nolan on Nolan's leg. ...and here is Nolan running alone after Gene decided that half-a-marathon was about as much as any sane person should consider doing. Annalee could not make it out to the event (she says it was a family commitment, but I think she just had too much to drink out at the cottage the night before) so we got her sister Lisa to run for us. This is me... run Clint run. I ran the second last leg of the relay, which is awesome, as all the real runners have already done 20 miles AND ARE TIRED! You can breeze right by them and pretend that you are some kind of superhero (not that I actually DID that!)"

In other Marathon news, Olaf wrote a song to market the Manitoba Marathon a couple of years back, and you can hear it here...I Never Knew that I Could Fly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I'd like to say is that my sister and I have different strengths! Hers happens to be running, and mine is... well.... planning my weekends wisely.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»